Being a foodie, what I found lacking in the street burger are; innovation, the willingness to go crazy with their burger, lack of creativity in creating new menu.
And to fulfill my love and lust of street burger, this is my on take on our favorite food.
I call it 'Double Grilled Cheese Nookie Burger'.
Check out the video and the full recipe below.
- Holland Onions
- Romaine Lettuce/Yau Mak Tam
- Beef Patties
- Cheddar Cheese
- Palm Oil
1. Preheat the pan. Put in the palm oil.
2. Slice the onion and put it in the pan. This is to caramelized the onion. You can season it if you want to.
3. To prepare the 'Nookie Burger', you need 2 beef patties. TIPS: Ramly's beef patties works well with this recipe. They weigh about 100 gram per patty, so you'll have about 200 grams of meat for your burger.
4. In between the beef patties, put in a slice of Cheddar cheese. Fold it and put it in the middle of the two beef patties.
5. Press the side of the patties. make sure it's tight enough to hold the Cheddar cheese slice and the juice inside.
6. Put the beef patty in the same pan as the caramelized onion. Cook it together. TIPS: Cooking it together will ensure the juice is absorbed by the caramelized onion as well.
7. Put the lid on the pan. Let it steamed and cooked. Flip it once one side of the patty is cooked. Turn off the fire and let it rest. TIPS: DON'T 'PLAY' WITH THE BEEF PATTY. You want to ensure the juice stays inside the patty, You want a juicy beef patty for your burger.
8. Preheat a flat pan. Spread 4 slices of bread with the palm oil. Put it on the pan TIPS: This is to ensure the bread is nicely browned and have the extra crisp to hold the beef patty.
9. Once it's nicely charred and brown, put in 2 Cheddar cheese slices on 2 of the bread and top it with the other slices. Let the Cheedar cheese melts and take it out. TIPS: If you like any other type of cheese, you can use it. Go crazy, it's normal.
10. On the grilled cheese, put on some Romaine Lettuce and sliced tomato. TIPS: You can put or use any other kind of condiments in your burger if you don't like Romaine Lettuce or tomato. Up to your imagination.
11. Take the beef patty out and put it on the grilled cheese sandwich, over the Romaine Lettuce and sliced tomato. Put the caramelized onion the beef patty and put the remaining grilled cheese sandwich on top of it and Voila.
12. Serve it hot and eat with friends.